". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Obama and ACORN

The President says he's not paying much attention to the ACORN scandal because it's just not that important. Pamela Geller at American Thinker begs to differ. An excerpt:

"This is madness. What this constitutes is a coup on the American electoral system, a usurpation of the will of the people: government by the people and for the people made into a sham. It's a government by the moochers and the looters, for the moochers and the looters, stolen from the good, hardworking Americans. And worse, the American people have sat by and let it happen. Obama's presidency is not an accident of history. It was a very deliberate assault by the hard left on the foundation of the greatest country in human history."

2 comments:

Dana said...

Not that important because it is just a bump in the road toward greater goals. Frightening, indeed!

Casual Observer said...

As pathetic as ACORN is looking right now, is it sad that I'm still having trouble believing that they "stole" an election?

When I build it up in my head, even if this organization were... against all odds pulling off a MASSIVE, coordinated campaign of voter registration fraud, how would they get people like "Donald Duck" and "Tony Romo" (of the Dallas Cowboys) to actually vote? I mean, when I voted, I needed ID, etc.

Voter registration fraud is nothing to laugh at, but suggesting that that somehow tipped the election in favor of Barack Obama is kind of a curious route to take...