". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Round 3 Result!

A DRAW!

(Cheryl here, filling in for Chess Dad Phillip, who is whisking our fearless warrior back to the hotel for some much needed zzzz's. It's an hour later in Indianapolis than it is here in Chicagoland, so they will do well to get to bed by midnight.)

My husband says the game played out pretty much as anticipated. Almost exactly four hours after they began, the players agreed to a draw. For the final hour, Trevor's parents' ears were glued to their respective phones and their eyes fixed on their respective computers as they simultaneously viewed the progress of the game on Monroi, each trying to keep the other from having a stress-induced heart attack. Because my chess understanding is almost non-existent, much of the conversation also focused on my husband trying to help me understand what was going on. At one point, however, he was scratching his head in bewilderment as it first appeared that Trevor had "sacked" a rook and that his opponent had then declined taking that same rook. It turned out that there was a glitch in the Monroi reporting that had skewed what we were seeing on the screen.

So . . . Trevor goes to bed tonight, so far undefeated at Denker, with two wins and a draw under his belt. Sweet dreams, honey. I love you and am so happy and proud. See you in a couple of days! Keep playing your game!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

imho, as draws go, that's a darn good one, considering Jeff was the top seed ....a good monday to all....

brad

Cheryl said...

Thank you, Brad! We plan to keep the reports coming!

Anonymous said...

I was watching the action on monroi -- very exciting !! when does today's action begin?

brad