". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, August 8, 2009

A GOOD DAY FOR TREVOR

Mr. RoundUnvarnished again here. Just wanted to keep our readers posted on yesterday's results: Trevor won both his boards! Woo-hoo!

This means Trevor now has 5 points (out of 7). Should he win tonight and tomorrow, he would finish with 7 points, repeating his performance in the US Open last year.

Currently, 7 players are tied for the lead with 6 points. Salvijus Bercys, who dealt Trevor that crushing loss in Round 3, has 5.5 points, along with - you guessed it - Robert Lau. The 5.0 pack that Trevor is in has 30 players, including Gordon Ruan, a fellow Illinois high school student, and, at the top of that pack, GMs Shabalov, Fedorowicz, and Kaufmann. Tonight will be a breakout opportunity for all of them.

GO TREVOR!

No comments: