". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Planting Day!

We got our garden in yesterday! Or rather, the Cantor did, with a little help from his crew. My role was to shop for plants. So far we have three types of tomatoes, butternut and zucchini squash, basil, parlsey, chives (they are perennial, so they are already blooming in the far left corner), three types of peppers, and cantaloupe. We have room for a few more--I know that I want rosemary, and I'm considering a few lettuce plants for a couple of spots that get slightly less sun.







While this project was in the making, I put some flowers in pots and trimmed some hedges. Children also mowed, edged and weeded. Summer has arrived!

2 comments:

Bi-Coloured-Python-Rock-Snake said...

Chives are at that charming cusp of invasiveness, where after a few years they do tend to show up where you didn't plant them, but not enough of them to make you nervous. Also, they've got that whole "look nice and are delicious in potato salad" thing going for them, too.

Cheryl said...

This morning my husband cut off a bunch of those pretty purple blooms and made himself a chive flower omelette. He let me have a taste. It was yummy!