". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful . . .

. . . for a husband who takes to heart his calling to be the spiritual head of our household.

. . . for God-fearing, content, and healthy children.


. . . that my mother and both of my husband's parents are still with us.


. . . for a family that, although far-flung and sometimes out of touch, comes together at crucial times.


. . . for parents who stayed together to the end, even when it wasn't easy to do so.



. . . for friends far and near, old and new, who stay in touch and show they care.


. . . for the internet, which allows people with shared values and beliefs to build bonds that they would otherwise not have.


. . . for the freedom and ability to homeschool my children.

. . . for material blessings far beyond what the majority of people in the world can even begin to imagine.


. . . for the Church and all who faithfully serve Her.



. . . for a God who creates things of beauty to share with his children.


. . . for Word and Sacrament.


. . . for life temporal and eternal.


. . . for forgiveness.


Blessed Thanksgiving, everyone.

"The eyes of all wait upon Thee, O Lord, and Thou givest them their meat in due season. Thou openest Thy Hand and satisfiest the desire of every living thing."--Prayer before meals, Luther's Small Catechism

No comments: