". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Shet mah mouth!

Have some fun and visit The Dialectizer, where you can enter a URL of your choice and have the page immediately transformed into one of several dialects, including redneck, jive, pig Latin, Cockney, and Swedish chef (I'm not kidding!).

Here's what the third paragraph of my previous post supposedly sounds like in redneck:

"Wal, guess whut? We haf had a lot of rain this hyar week. Shet mah mouth! A LOT. An' thanks be t'God, ah reckon we may haf succeeded in cornquerin' this hyar beast once an' fo' all! Fry mah hide! Time an' agin ah have helter-skelter to look out th' back dore an' time an' agin all ah have see is grass--wet grass, yessuh--but grass fum which th' water is drainin' mighty fine, preventin' th' ankle-deep lake thet was previously th' usual result of sprin' rains."

Hmmm . . . I must admit, some of that sounds vaguely familiar to this Texas born-and-bred gal, althought I think in this case the dialectizer may have thrown in some Huckleberry Finn and Uncle Remus along with the redneck. But who cares? The goal here is fun, not accuracy. So click on over and have a little (fun, that is)!

(HT: The Renaissance Biologist)

1 comment:

Elephantschild said...

I like you as a Hacker:

I'M A HOMESCHOOLING CX0NFESS1ONAL LUTHERAN MOM OF THREE, A DECENT P1ANIST, A ONE-TMIE ENGLISJ MAJRO, 4ND A FULL-FLEDGED dARK CHOcOlATE AND C0FFE3 ADD1CT (CARIOBU, NOT StARBUX0R"S)!!!!!111~ i still locve 4ndm Iss mty home St8 of t3xas, but i think 1 was meant t0 live Up nroht!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 i have be3n marre1d fOr over 20 years to my firSt And onl yboylAmEr, mY FAVROIT ETIME OF DAY SI MORNINGF BEcAZ IT MEAZN I GET ANOTHER CHANCE~~~~ my favroite season is fall, but i tHInk there is nothing li3k chIcago in the sPringTim3...