". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Monday, April 7, 2008

Bethany Lutheran Podcasts Now Online

My church, Bethany Lutheran in Naperville, Illinois, is now making podcasts of its worship services available online. Bethany is a fairly large, confessional congregation in the Chicago suburbs with a strong commitment to the historic liturgy and a rich and finely-tuned music program. You are invited to listen online here (there is also a link in my sidebar under Music, Worship & Liturgy) and to share this link with anyone you know who might be interested. Right now services are uploaded for Palm Sunday, Holy Week, and Easter, but more services are expected to be added soon and ultimately on a weekly basis. We hope our podcasts will become a valuable resource for those who are not able to attend worship due to health, mobility or distance issues. We would also love to hear that others are listening just to avail themselves of another opportunity to hear God's word!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do the recordings, and was just listening to the Good Friday service. Despite any recording flaws, it is magnificent - sublime music (as always), an excellent and Christ-centered message (as always), and very dramatic (fortunately rare, but well done). The terminus just melted me.

Definitely worth the download.