". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Why I Sleep Well At Night

Caitlin took Evan for a walk today. Of course, one never ventures outside without one's trusty sword. (Poor little crusader--Mom wouldn't let him take his shield since one hand must remain free to place in big sis's when crossing the street.)




(That's our house over Evan's right shoulder.)

I think the neighborhood can rest easy.

(Photos courtesy of Caitlin.)

5 comments:

Jane said...

What a cutie! I have lots of pictures of my boys with their swords, too. My sister-in-law won't let her little boy have any swords or light sabers or anything "violent."

So last week he was doing sword-like moves with a golf club. :)

Elephantschild said...

My dad isn't a huge fan of guns (although he's pro gun rights for those who are trained to use them) and never let my brothers have toy guns. Of course, many guns were fasioned from sticks, Legos and fingers.

Dad had to admit defeat. The new rule became "Don't point that at PEOPLE!"

Jane, has anyone pointed out to your Sis-in-law that lightsabers are science fiction?

Presbytera said...

Now that my two crusaders have taken up residence in their own castles, I have only the head honcho here to protect me. I still feel safe but I miss those swashbuckling days. Soon and very soon, my grandsons will come and protect me : )

Caitlin Magness said...

Now all he needs are some dragons to fight. He lives in SUCH a dull neighborhood. :)

Hannah said...

He has such a great camera face! I knew I picked a good boyfriend. :D