". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Wal-Mart

I know a lot of people who don't like Wal-Mart, and I respect their reasons for avoiding it and other similar "big box" stores. I personally shop there a lot because as our family struggles to survive financially in the high-priced Chicago suburbs, the prices at Wal-Mart make a huge difference in our bottom line (in our world even Target is often too expensive). But sometimes I wish I could afford to shop entirely at places like Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.

However one may feel about Wal-Mart, here's something that they are doing that I find quite intriguing. I will be interested to see if any stores in our area are included in the test market for this new line of Biblical action figures. I have a three-year-old whose favorite toys are miniature soldiers and crusading knights (we call them "castle guys") and who is definitely the tactile-kinesthetic type of learner. So I am intrigued by the possibility of purchasing affordable action figures of Jesus, Noah, Moses, et. al. with which I can reinforce the teaching of Bible stories.

No comments: