". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Friday, February 5, 2016

First Political Post in a Long Time

The last time we had a Presidential election I began posting about it early on. This time around I have thus far not said much in this space. To date I have not officially endorsed a candidate. I think I have refrained so far because 1) I have to some degree lost my stomach for politics, and 2) Right now what I desire more than anything is conservative unity and I will take any of the GOP candidates over another Democrat term.

Having said that, here are a few thoughts for today. Early on I liked Carly Fiorina. I still do. But she has disappointed me the last few months, most recently in a Facebook post she put up yesterday that claimed she was different from Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, who, according to her, will do and say anything to get elected so that they can get a bigger office and more impressive title. That left a very bad taste in my mouth. I like both Cruz and Rubio and would be happy to call either of them President. I think they are in this because they want to help the country.

In contrast to Fiorina's petty sniping, Cruz today called upon ABC to allow Fiorina on the stage for the next major Republican debate. My respect for him just went up even more. That is the action of a gentleman and a statesman and I tip my hat to him.

No comments: