". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, February 21, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge Progress Report

Out of the original 23-- 

Three books finished, two in progress. 

I think I'm on track. So far. 

1. Unbroken, Hillenbrand. Already started.

2. Night, Elie Wiesel

3. The Failure of Sex Education in the Church, Bartlett

4. The Eternal Woman, Gertrud von le Fort - IN PROGRESS

5. The Seven Deadly Virtues, Hemingway et. al.

6. Orthodoxy, Chesterton

7. Studies in Words, C. S. Lewis

8. Glittering Images: A Journey Through Art from Egypt to Star Wars, Camille Paglia

9. My Bright Abyss, Christian Wiman

10. Bondage of the Will, Luther

Children's literature:

11. The Princess and the Goblin, MacDonald

12. The Marvelous Land of Snergs, Wyke-Smith. 

Fiction:

13. Looking for Alaska, Green.

14. Les Miserables, Hugo. Backup plan if I hate Les MisAnna Karenina,Tolstoy. Backup plan if I hate Anna: nothing. 

15. Alas, Babylon, Frank

16. Cry, the Beloved Country, Paton

17. The Martian Chronicles, Bradbury

18. Robinson Crusoe, Defoe

19. Pudd'nhead Wilson, Twain. Or maybe Roughing It. Something by Twain.

20. Lord of the Rings, Tolkien. 

Rereads:

21. A Wrinkle in Time, L'Engle.

22. Pride and Prejudice, Austen. 

Unnamed:

23. TOTALLY AWESOME BOOK to which I have been given a pre-publication peek - IN PROGRESS

1 comment:

Laura said...

I just found your blog from the link on Sister, Mother, Daughter, Wife. I like your book list. Some people from the church/school that we go to and I meet up to discuss a book we've read over the month. We are just finishing up Robinson Crusoe. It is so good. I've read a few on your list. :)