". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Friday, June 13, 2014

"The Angel of the Lord Encamps"

This is a setting of Psalm 34 that Phillip composed a few years ago (I can't remember exactly when). I recorded him singing and playing it this morning so that we could send it to a friend who recently had surgery to remove a brain tumor. That friend is now undergoing chemotherapy, and not too long ago she quoted from Psalm 34 on her Caring Bridge site, giving us the idea to make this recording for her. Psalm 34 is brimming with words of comfort for those going through trial, so I post this musical setting for anyone who might find comfort in it. "When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears / and delivers them out of all their troubles" (Ps. 34:17).


"The Angel of the Lord Encamps" (Psalm 34) from Cheryl on Vimeo.

No comments: