". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, January 17, 2013

This Is Marriage, Part 2

As illustrated in the previous post, being married for a long time means being able to communicate, sometimes, without even talking. It also means accepting the other person even as he or she changes over time. For example, in the old days my husband and I would sit in the same room together and he would read politics while I read Shakespeare. Now we sit in the same room together and he reads theology while I post silly pictures on Facebook. What is rather surreal is when he reads the theology out loud while I am posting the silly pictures.


Sir, I am too old to learn. - William ShakespeareKing Lear, 2.2.99

2 comments:

Susan said...

Okay, I liked the previous post, but this one has me busting a gut on so many different levels....

Cheryl said...

:-D