". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Obligatory Political Post

If you go to my sidebar you will see labels for "Campaign 2008" and "Campaign 2012." The first of those has 98 corresponding posts, the second only seven.

In the past year I have found myself reading, thinking and writing much less about the political realm. I'm not sure why that is. Dejection? Discouragement? Resignation? Or maybe it's something more positive, such as a growing embracing of the knowledge and understanding that my God's kingdom is not of this world and as His child neither is mine.

Or maybe there have just been too many other things on my mind.

Whatever the reason, I am still not feeling the tug to write on things political, in spite of the fact that I think this is probably one of the most important elections of my lifetime. But I would like to state for the record that I am voting for the Romney/Ryan ticket, I am proud to do so, and I think you should do the same.

There.

No comments: