". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sounds from a Sunday Afternoon

I was inspired this afternoon to record this two-minute video. My husband and two sons were watching the Yankees-Mets game when Phillip decided to play the piano on a commercial break. He launched into "Amazing Grace" and this is what I managed to record. I did so surreptitiously, which is why all you see is the view out our living room window. Meanwhile, you can hear dogs playing with squeaky toys and family chatter in the background.

What a blessed life I lead. Amazing grace, indeed! By the way, Phillip told me that the music you hear here goes with the words to the fourth and fifth stanzas as found in Lutheran Service Book, #744:

"Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail
And mortal life shall cease,
Amazing grace shall then prevail
In heaven's joy and peace.

When we've been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we'd first begun."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are blessed. I just wait patiently, knowing that heaven will be the great equalizer and I will have the voice that I yearn for now. Our family is gifted in other ways (mostly laugh inducing antics) however I pause (with envy at times) thinking of how wonderful it would be to have a home filled naturally with music. Enjoy for me too!

Anonymous said...

Ditto on what Anonymous said. Well, I can find the middle "C" on the piano.

Your family is blessed!