". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Where's Cheryl?

Some photos from one of my "day" jobs. They were taken at a recent concert at the high school where I work as a staff accompanist. This concert was actually the first in which we were able to perform in the auditorium, as the school is newly built and construction is ongoing.

It looks like my hair is in my face in the shot of the final bow, but it's not: that is a shadow of some sort.

In the second photo I am sitting on stage near the piano but not playing: the other accompanist and I had to switch out between movements of Leonard Bernstein's Mass because she needed to prepare to play on another number performed from a back corner of the auditorium immediately following this piece. It would have been terribly distracting for me to clomp across the stage mid-piece, so I positioned myself onstage at the beginning of the piece and at the proper time she slid off the bench and I slid on.

The third shot shows me actually seated at the piano, playing. I like this one because the lights bring out the red in my hair! (I have too often been told in the last 10 years that I have brown hair, and I beg to differ. It's red, I say! RED! )










By the way, this is my 1000th post. :-)

No comments: