". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, November 14, 2009

"A time that has all but gone"

Things may be a bit quieter at A Round Unvarnish'd Tale this week. My mother-in-law died Thursday night. We leave tomorrow after church to spend the week in Texas.

My father-in-law died earlier this year. It hasn't even been nine months yet. But here my husband is again, not only attending, but officiating at, the funeral of a parent.

My husband says the James Taylor song "Letter in the Mail" has been running through his head this morning.

Goodbye, Mom and Dad, and rest in peace. Thank you for the greatest earthly gift anyone has ever given me, your son, my husband.



Lanell & Ed, 1957


Lanell & Ed, 2007


1 comment:

Dana said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. God bless.