". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Few Stimulus Plans I Could Support

From . . .

Senator John Thune

The Anchoress

Rush Limbaugh

For anyone who's interested, John McCain has sponsored an online petition where you can register your disapproval of the "stimulus" bill the powers-that-be are currently trying to impose upon us (and our children and grandchildren and who knows how many more generations to come).

2 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Will you forgive me for not reading the links? I *know* I need to follow this story more closely than I am, but I feel like my country's being stolen right out from under me and I just want to stick my head in a bucket of sand.

Cheryl said...

Forgiven.

(And anyway, you should never feel obliged to read anything here or anywhere else!)

FYI, they are all varying forms of "if you're going to spend the money anyway, just give it directly to the people" via tax cuts or rebates or payouts rather than using it to expand the Leviathan by increasing government spending.