". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Friday, September 28, 2007

Get In, Newt!

My husband, who is as cutting edge an individual I know when it comes to political news and current events, received this piece of information in his inbox yesterday:

"Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) may have concluded that Thompson is a flop, thus spurring him towards a run. Gingrich had made it clear he would not run if Thompson appeared a viable late entry. Now, Gingrich has indicated he wants to jump in if he can secure a pledge of $30 million." (Source: Evans-Novak Political Report, Volume 42, No. 20A, September 26, 2007)

I find this to be very good news and will be watching with interest to see what happens next. From what I know of him Gingrich is a true conservative who is nevertheless able to "think outside the box" and who is not afraid to speak the truth. I hope he decides to run and I may very well support him if he does. He is so smart that I think his mere presence on the debate stage would make all the candidates think (and work) a little harder!

Newt's own website has some additional musings on the topic of a presidential run here and here.

No comments: