". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Forgiveness

There were two items on the topic of forgiveness in my news feed this morning, both excellent, both from (surprise!) Lutherans.

The first is a Federalist article by Mark Hemingway that asks, " . . . [D]o we want to live in a society where everyone feels they’re justified in their self-centered critiques, or do we want to live in a society where when we’re confronted with something that offends us, we seek to understand and forgive?"

The second is from my friend Susan. It is a clip from a Milwaukee call-in show. The topic is a recent random killing in Wisconsin in which one of the victims, before he died, called for forgiveness for the shooter. The caller in the clip is Susan's pastor. I only wish the host had let him talk a lot more. 

No comments: