". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Friday, September 26, 2014

Can Anything Good Come of Insomnia?

Apparently so. Two nights ago I was having one of those nights when my brain just refuses to turn off. I have learned that if I can't get to sleep in half an hour it's not going to happen for a while and I might as well get up. This time instead of turning on Nick at Nite and watching Friends (my go-to non-medicinal remedy)  I decided to write. The next morning I sent what I had written to one of my favorite online magazines. Imagine my surprise when several hours later I got an acceptance letter. Woot. My article went up on the site today (talk about fast turnaround!), so here it is in case you missed it and would like to read it.

Why I Want to Live Long and Burden My Children



3 comments:

Susan said...

Woo hoo!!! I don't know if it's my place to say, "I'm so proud." I'm not your mom or your husband or your teacher or anything. But I am so proud. :-)

Cheryl said...

Aw, that makes me smile. You are definitely allowed to be proud, dear Susan. You have been one of my Obi-Wans for a long time now. I've lost track of how much I've learned from you. <3

Jody said...

Congratulations. And thank you. My own dear mother drives me crazy occasionally, and she doesn't live with me. But your article reminds me about some important things concerning vocation and love that I really need to remember.