". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Rethinking Worship

This is one of the best things I have read on worship in a long time.

"Many congregations lose the Divine Service in what turns into little more than a performance. Other congregations, on the other hand, take a functionalistic view. As long as there is an organist, six or seven hymns we all like, and a liturgy, we’re fine.
Can I just say that neither attitude, it seems to me, really upholds the Divine Service and the gifts Christ gives in it?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you express well the two extremes to avoid. I actually just wrote an article about the focus of our worship. If you have a chance, check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks!
http://364daysofthanksgiving.com/isnt/