". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Anything But Facebook, Day 2

Don't worry--I'm not going to torture you, Chinese water style, with forty days of this. But a Day 2 report seemed in order. Here's what I discovered. Limiting what I look at on Facebook is not hard. Breaking the habit of looking at Facebook repeatedly throughout the day is. I created my "Close Friends" group (those 200 or so people I decided to keep track of), and that's all I've looked at yesterday and today. But the fact that there is not as much to look at as before has not curtailed my desire to look. I can only hope that the decreasing supply of my drug of choice (There's nothing new! Go do something else!) will eventually lead to a decreasing craving for it. Here's hoping. Otherwise, I may have to take more drastic measures. . . .

1 comment:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I have less than 50 friends on FB, and that suits me fine. I use it to keep up with things at my daughters' school, and stay current with friends I don't see often (or have never met in person!) My cousin in Germany just joined so now I can communicate with him more also. Best wishes on kicking the habit.