". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Day 2013

 Yay! Dad is home!


  I gave him a 23 and Me kit. (Caitlin looks like she is mad. She is not.)


That's a Wii U. That's a happy Evan.


 Thanks, Dad.



Willard, captive.


What every church worker needs: "The Art of Stress-Free Productivity." 
Thanks, Caitlin!




New Magic School Bus book from big sis.


I got a Keurig coffeemaker! (Thanks, honey!)


Phillip modeling the wrapping paper.


Father and daughter.

We had a joyous Christmas reunion. Phillip got home at about 4:00 Christmas Day. We enjoyed wassail and appetizers (shrimp, cheese and crackers) and then sat down for present opening (thank you to Evan for the chocolates, Trevor for the necklace, Caitlin for the gloves, and Mom for the slippers!) Then we chowed down on strip steaks, asparagus, and apple pie a la mode. Hard to believe this is our last Christmas in this house. One week from today the packers come. Two weeks from today we will be in our new home. I am practicing relaxation breathing, trying to enjoy one more day of Christmas before I turn to intense moving prep. Merry Christmas to all my readers! Thank you for your concern, interest, and prayers throughout the year. I hope that from time to time something I have written has provided you with a measure of encouragement or insight. I am humbled that you take the time to read. God bless you on this Feast of St. Stephen and throughout all the twelve days of Christmas and beyond!

1 comment:

Phillip said...

A Christmas I will always particularly remember. From breakfast that morning driving through Jack-N-the-Box at 4:15am to our final "walk in the woods" there in Bolingbrook out to the Trout Farm to moving in a blizzard. Wow.