". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Kindness

This morning on The Huckabee Report, to which I subscribe via Facebook, Mike Huckabee shared the story of some Girl Scouts in Portland, Oregon, who were the victims of a cruel trick. They took a bulk order for 6,000 boxes of cookies, only to discover when the cookies came in that the order was phony. As word has gotten out, however, people have been lining up to take the cookies off their hands. A spokesman for the  two troops involved stated that the girls have learned that "for every one person that has bad intentions, there are hundreds more with good intentions and good hearts that are here to help you."

Indeed. I would add that it really only takes one kind word or action to drown out a passel of meanies. Today my husband informed me that one of his students at school is celebrating a birthday. She brought in cookies not only for her classmates but also for Cantor to take to "the homeschool kids." (That would be my children.) Such a seemingly small thing, and yet its power to uplift and encourage is huge. Thank you, dear people. You don't know what you did today.

No comments: