". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Honey for a Blogger's Heart

I had the most lovely thing happen today. My friends Christina and Jeannette share a blog with a another friend of theirs (a lady I don't know but am sure I would love if she is anything like Christina and Jeannette). It is a reading blog, documenting their personal journey through the literature recommended in Susan Wise Bauer's book The Well Educated Mind. I first pointed you, my readers, to their blog in this post from 2011.

Right now they are reading one of my favorite all-time books: Jane Eyre. I wish I had time to read along with them, but at the moment I am still trying to finish The Hobbit (having been slowed down of late by the same things that are keeping me from blogging as often as I would like). But I am still enjoying their posts, and today, I especially enjoyed this one. Click over and you'll see why. And then stay a while longer and see what other hidden jewels you can discover.

Thank you so much, ladies. It is nice to be appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Cheryl! I wish that we could again enjoy the pleasure of each others company in person. Sometime you'll have to join us for a book - maybe not the next one however...(Moby Dick). :)
Jeannette

Cheryl said...

I am reading along on the posts for the things I have read (Gulliver's Travels, Jane Eyre, Scarlet Letter) and will do so for Moby Dick. I wish I could have read Pilgrim's Progress or Don Quixote or Oliver Twist with you (have never read those, at least not in their entirety)! One of these days I do hope to join you in actually reading one of the selections. Right now I am still trying to finish The Hobbit . . . .