". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Meet Me in St. Louis

Things may continue to be slow around here (meaning around the blog, not my life) for a few more days. Tomorrow I will be traveling to St. Louis to attend the Service of Installation for the newly elected President of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, Rev. Matthew Harrison. I'm so excited! I am looking forward not only to seeing and worshiping with many in my extended church family, but also to personally witnessing an historic moment in the history of our denomination. My husband is already in St. Louis, attending meetings and providing music for devotions while preparing for his own installation as a member of the LCMS Board for International Mission. He will also be serving in the liturgy on Saturday as pianist for one of the musical selections. It's going to be an amazing day! Hope to see you there, if not in person, at least in spirit!

UPDATE: Here's a blog post with pictures on the first day's proceedings.

1 comment:

Untamed Shrew said...

I met you in St. Louis. :o)