". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Popcorn, Anyone?

We rarely go to the movies, electing instead to wait until they come out on video (oops, I mean DVD). It's just too darned expensive anymore, and there's the difficulty of finding a babysitter, not to mention the time and energy. It's so much easier to just open up the Netflix queue. I can probably count on my two hands all the movies we have seen in the theater in the last 5 years: The Passion of the Christ, the first two Narnia installments, The Nativity Story, Expelled, Wall-E . . . (family, what am I leaving out?).

But here's one I'd be willing to lay down money for. It's called An American Carol, and according to the Internet Movie Database, it's about an "anti-American filmmaker [hmmm, I wonder who that could possibly be?] . . . out to abolish the July Fourth holiday . . . [he] is visited by three ghosts who try to show him the country's good sides."

The movie stars Kevin Farley (brother of comedian Chris Farley, who died last year), Kelsey Grammer, and Trace Adkins, to name a few. It was written and directed by David Zucker, who is already paying the price for having gone off the liberal Hollywood reservation. You can read more about it here.

No comments: