". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Friday, August 15, 2008

A Masterpiece in Progress

This is my daughter's book Riversong, completed earlier this year. It is still in the editing phase (her editor is a little slow!) but once that is completed she hopes to self-publish on Lulu. The cover art and binding shown here were provided by my daughter's friend. Didn't she do an amazing job?



Here's a peek at the first page. The books is 18 chapters long, not counting prologue and epilogue. I wrote stories when I was younger, but never anything like this. I am awed by anyone who can write fiction at all, much less something of this scope. Not only am I amazed by the ability to even conceive of things like plot and character, but I am completey impressed by the commitment to seeing that conception through from start to finish. This work took much in the way of time, effort and dedication.

Hats off to you, sweetheart. I can't wait to see your creation bound and printed. I better get busy finishing my part of the process!



1 comment:

Marie N. said...

Hats off to your young author!