". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Monday, January 24, 2011

Disturbed . . .

. . . by so many things these days. The world, even more than usual, seems turned upside down. Things I thought I could depend on, people I thought I could believe in, "experts" whose judgment I thought I could trust, leaders who are not leading, "friends" who may or may not fit that designation . . . all of it seems called into question. I find myself wondering whom I can trust, what I can embrace without hesitation, what I can rely on without doubt. The answer comes back: nothing and no one save Him who is eternal. I know this. Why is it so easy to forget?

No comments: