". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, April 13, 2019

Note to readers


This morning I happened to look at my comments in the blog settings, and I found more than 10 comments over the last couple of years that I don't ever remember reading or getting notifications for. I just assumed people weren't reading and commenting on blogs anymore, but apparently I need to pay more attention! For some reason, Blogger has not been notifying me of comments. I apologize if you felt ignored!

Hmmm, I wonder if I should take comments out of moderation since probably the only people reading these days are my husband and a few friends and family.

Thinking.



3 comments:

Jody said...

That's okay. I've been trying to reply to comments on my blog, but, while it says that it's publishing, it never does.

Susan said...

Taking comments out of moderation means all the spammers can post gunk. On the one hand, you can [or at least you used to be able to] get notifications every time somebody posts. So if somebody puts up an offensive ad, you can go take it down. But if you're not receiving notifications to moderate comments, you may not receive notifications that a comment has been posted. Church's website has 1000s and 1000s of yuck-comments that sit unposted ... just too many to delete. You don't want to head that direction.

Cheryl said...

You're right, Susan. But once again, I didn't get the notification of comments so yours and Jody's are just now getting published. Sigh. My poor neglected blog. Thank you for continuing to read! Maybe one of these days I can get this baby going a little more regularly again. Maybe in retirement? :-)