". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Monday, September 6, 2010

How I spent part of my Labor Day weekend, or What did we do before smart phones?

A few days ago I found myself alone in a van with a certain 6-year-old. We had a little time to wait; I had a camera phone in my purse; need I say more?

In our family it seems to be the men who get blessed with gorgeous eyelashes. These came from Evan's paternal grandfather (may he rest in peace), to whom Evan bears some resemblance and with whom he shares the same initials.

Is that a great face, or is that a great face?


And now for a little silliness.

And a little more.

And a little more.


Who needs photo booths?



Evan wanted to take one of me.



And then there was this one. Can you believe I took it myself with a cell phone in the back of a van while waiting in a church parking lot? I would challenge the best photographer in the world to capture what got captured in this shot.


1 comment:

Leah said...

He does have cute eyelashes, but hey, you've got those "plumpy" lips everyone pays money to get these days (ha ha).
Yes, that last photo is priceless.